Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Things that have been going on...


Steve and Allison playing at his recital. Willem was his accompanist and was amazing!


Steve playing at his recital. He did a wonderful job!


Well, I had a posting drought, so I better tell a little about what has been going on.



Steve had a recital that was excellent. His sister Allison played with him on one of the pieces. Nathan came along to listen and he did very well sitting and listening to his daddy play. It gives me a little more courage and hope to think that it won't be long before we can take him to hear a symphony concert.



During Spring Break we went camping up at Ray Roberts Lake. It was perfect weather, but it was too early when we went and the trees didn't have their leaves out yet, so no shade. The dogs did wonderful; for some reason they love camping and they don't bark. They are soooo good. My parents would be surprised to see them so calm and relaxed because they are yappers. For those who don't know, the dogs were my parents before we got them and my parents were a little annoyed by them. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so no pictures of our fun time.



I have been running like a maniac trying to get into shape. I am hoping to do a 10k at the end of summer. I have talked Steve into doing a 5k with me this winter, but we'll have to see. I may have to keep reminding him that he agreed. I am now able to run 6 miles without falling over, but I want to get to the point that I don't feel like I am running in slow motion.
My sister just finished running a 1/2 marathon and she did amazing! She is truly an inspiration to me. I think it would be amazing to run one with her someday in the future, but I have a ways to go to get to the performance level she is at. I guess it takes baby steps to get to that point, so I will start slow and hopefully not get discouraged.



Not too much more has been happening, so hopefully I will do a little better at keeping the blog updated.

2 comments:

Cravings said...

So if you guys are still in Texas in 2 years we should run a 1/2 in 2 years there. That would be awesome! I say 2 years cause this year can't, next year hopefully we will have another baby (If I get the courage to get prego again)so can't next summer, so we should the following year unless you have another one too. Thats awesome you and Steve are going to run the 5k and good luck with your 10K I know you will do awesome! I just signed Dave and I up for a 1/2 in August! It's so nice to run with the hubbies and kick their trash...ha! ha! Just kidding!

Steve and Jenny Hunter said...

Hopefully we won't be in Texas still, but I'll take you up on the offer to run one in 2 years wherever we are at. That will give me plenty of time to train for it. At the rate I'm going right now, it would probably take me almost 2 1/2 hours to finish. I would like to get to about a 2 hour pace. Now I just need a coach or somebody screaming in my ear to keep me running when I stop to walk. :)